Job Vacancy – PHP Developer
PHP Developer (Northwich, Cheshire)
- Flexible working hours
- Performance bonuses
- Opportunities to work from home
- Triple monitor workstation
- Access to free occupational health checks
We are looking for a PHP developer who is dedicated to their craft, writes code they are proud of, and can hit the ground running. We need you to write beautiful, efficient PHP to a high standard, in a timely, scalable manner that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be the main developer, initially learning the role from our IT development partners before taking control / responsibility for all systems. You will report directly to management but will have direct interaction with management staff from our client companies, and our PHP development partners.
- Write “clean”, well designed code
- Full Stack Development
- Product Ownership
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Suggest efficiency and usability improvements
- Strong PHP skills
- Good knowledge of MySQL
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science OR a proven track record in the industry
- At least 18 months in industry.
Nice to have
- Experience in using APIs (Google, Facebook etc)
- Experience with version control (Git, Subversion etc)
- Experience with Front end frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap etc)
- Working knowledge of PHP frameworks, such as Codeigniter (used in house), Laravel, Yii, Zend, Symfony etc
Day to Day
During your first few weeks with us we will get you trained up on the company’s operating procedures, the systems used, and the code / structure behind the systems.
There will initially be a period of handover from our development partners to you, at the end of which you will take complete ownership for the systems and future developments.
Thereafter, the day to day consists of usual bug fixes and minor amendments to the system, as well as some new major projects. You’ll be developing both internal and client facing systems, so a good eye for detail and design will help too.
We are a close knit team looking to bring the IT expertise in house and free up some time for our development partners.
We’re based on Gadbrook Park in our own custom offices. Once you’ve successfully completed your probation, you will have the opportunity to work from home occasionally too.
How to apply?
To apply, please email an up-to-date CV to email@example.com, or post it to us at APL Health, Unit 8 Brunel Court, Rudheath Way, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7LP