Job Vacancy: Counsellor/Psychotherapist
Counsellor / psychotherapist (Northwich, Cheshire)
At APL Health we have an exciting opportunity for counsellor / CBT practitioner / psychotherapist to join our expanding team. We’re looking for someone with a kind and empathetic approach to supporting our vibrant business, and helping our clients to manage their staff absences. The role will be primarily telephone, and video call based, with a small amount of face to face work.
You’ll be working primarily with teachers and support staff within schools around the country, offering them a short-term intervention in line with occupational health requirements.
You will also be required to keep clinical notes on the system, schedule your own diary (with help from an administrator) and liaise with the clinical team where necessary, taking their brief, or briefing them on future interventions.
The position is based in Gadbrook Park, Northwich, and salary is negotiable. Experience working within an occupational health setting isn’t necessary but would be advantageous.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Therapy for patients suffering from stress and anxiety
- Therapy for patients suffering from depression or related mental health conditions
- Bereavement counselling
- Addiction counselling
- Booking appointments and managing diaries
- Making detailed notes on the system
Skills and experience
At APL Health it’s important that applicants have the right attitude and approach to their work, however relevant experience may also be an advantage. Some qualifications may be mandatory too.
- Degree or diploma in counselling or psychotherapy (or equivalent)
- BACP registration (or equivalent)
- Experience working within occupational health would be an advantage
- Computer literate
- Minimum of three years’ therapy experience
We’re open to flexible working hours and can work around your personal commitments. Staff also get one duvet day per year and the opportunity to work in an autonomous way.